A note from the writers

Blogger seems to be having some trouble with its videos. They've been uploaded correctly and will run sometimes. If you can't see them now, come back another time and try again. It's totally a game of chance to get them to run. If anyone out there has a fix, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Because we've been so blessed...

I don't do email forwards.  I try not to get caught up in the story of the day.  But, today, I read the blog of a friend who had shared the link to another family's blog.  (This is what happens...you link and link and link and then you're somewhere.  You don't even realize how you got there.)  Anyway, turns out the story was about a Kansas family who had just lost their 11 month old daughter to cancer.  So, so sad.  I'm tying myself to my chair to keep from climbing in Ava's crib with her for naptime.

You'll find the family's story here.  Then, go here to see all the wonderful items available on Etsy to support their efforts to build a playground in their daughter's memory.

I'll be thinking of this family a lot in the coming days and weeks.  I also know I'll be holding Ava closer to my heart - she is a gift.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hi Sally,
Just saw that you read the story of sweet little Cora. Their family pops into my mind at least once a day now.
Hope things are well in Vegas.
Ava is so so pretty.