A note from the writers

Blogger seems to be having some trouble with its videos. They've been uploaded correctly and will run sometimes. If you can't see them now, come back another time and try again. It's totally a game of chance to get them to run. If anyone out there has a fix, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Our Family Rules

One of the walls in our family room has undergone some updates and I wanted to share the fun!

The wall behind our couch (now behind the La-Z-Boys) used to have three big floral prints from Michael's hanging on it. You might remember it from this awesome photo of my Bond girls. Nothing fancy, and certainly nothing personal and awesome about it.

I found inspiration for the change from this blog post. The theme of the rules posted there weren't for us, but the project concept was great. So, after some crafting, lots of consultation with Matt, a bunch of Modge Podge, and some cheapo frames and photo printing, we've got a wall full of family that we're happy to look at every day.



Maybe the best part of this project was that Matt and I sat down one night and really discussed these rules. (Believe you me, the thesaurus and dictionary got a lot of use that night!) We both realize that words have power and wanted to choose just the right ones to guide our family. These rules really are what we hope our family will value and the way we want to be reminded to live each day. It was nice to have that time with him, to reconnect about our purpose, and to have a tangible result of that work to help us remember.


They're a little hard to read, so here are our rules (sorry about the flashy glare in the picture...photographer, I am not!).

Family Rules

Point Out the Good
Listen
Share Love Generously
Celebrate Peace
Make Time to Play
Have Faith and Seek Hope
Honor and Treasure Friendship
Strive for Patience
Accept Yourself
Be Kind

2 comments:

Carrie said...

What an awesome idea! I think I might just have to do this myself. I know we could use a little reminder every once in a while of what is important. You rock Sally!

erin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this Sally! What a fabulous idea.