In order to get there, though, Matt and I are taking on several projects for making her new room homemade. Matt will be doing the furniture and I'm doing several projects for the decorating part. The first step was her quilt. She'll have a twin bed and trundle, so I've made a shaggy flannel/denim quilt to go on it. I started last Saturday and finished up last night. It's drying in the dryer now and will be ready as soon as the rest of her room is.
Next projects are matching curtain ties (already have curtains that will work), a floor pillow, and some artwork from an awesome friend - not to mention the furniture. We'll keep you posted on the progress!